Admit it, there are days when nothing sounds good, and you definitely crave something a little sweet and something with a little kick. Beer? Nope. Wine? Nah. Vodka tonic? Not today. So, what’s a person to do? We’ve got the answer in an aisle near you: hard sodas. They are definitely not the sodas of your childhood – these are better, but they’re only for adults.
In fact, we have (more than) ten reasons why reaching for a hard soda is the best idea you’ll have all day. And, how much alcohol are we talking about? Most average about the same as a beer.
10 Reasons Hard Sodas are Sweeter than Springtime
- Root Beer is now way more interesting. Just as tasty and now with alcohol.
- Hard Ginger Ale tastes better than it sounds.
- Orange Soda with a kick. Being an adult was never so much fun.
- Nostalgia never tasted as sweet.
- They are simply delicious.
- More flavors keep rolling out.
- Ginger Beer. Okay, if you haven’t ventured into hard ginger beer territory yet, we urge you to head this way. The English can’t keep this a secret any longer. Watch the alcohol content, some pack a punch.
- Pure cane sugar. Natural flavors. If that’s important to you, many of these sodas fit the bill.
- Easy-to-drink while mowing the lawn.
- Straight from the bottle, or over ice – they make Saturday chores more fun.
- BONUS: ADULT MILKSHAKES. Sure, we saved this for last. Here are a couple of recipes to try.
Classic Root Beer Float for those Over 21
- Two Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- Top with Hard Root Beer (Try Not Your Father’s Root Beer)
- Optional: 1oz. of vodka
Hard Soda Screw Driver
- Shot of your favorite vodka
- Top with your new favorite hard orange soda
Adult Creamsicle Milkshake
- Two scoops vanilla ice cream
- Cup of hard orange soda
- 1 or 2 ounces vodka
- Add ingredients to blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Whether you call your favorite soft drink “soda” or “pop,” you’ll just call for another one of these grown-up versions of your childhood favorite. And, yes, we’ve got a full line of these adult beverages ready for you to try. Stop by.