When it comes to finding the perfect bottle of wine, you have plenty of options. That’s what makes wine so great, there’s a bottle for every taste. But that’s also why you might want a little guidance, particularly when you buy wine online. So, we’re here to help make the decision as easy as possible for you.
With more than a dozen brick-and-mortar store locations around the Twin Cities metro, we know it can still be time-consuming to stop by a store and much faster to make a pick and purchase online. But what to buy? How to find that wine? Knowledge is power, so here are some ideas to help you pick that perfect wine while shopping online.
- Develop a relationship with your local wine shop (hopefully, it’s the Haskell’s near you). Share with this person what you like and don’t like in a wine, and he or she can help you find wines that best fit your personal palate. This will translate then to when you buy online.
- Go to wine tastings to experiment and experience new wines. Take notes. You’ll come away with new information that will guide you as you shop online or in the store.
- Understand the types of wine you best enjoy. And be open to trying new things.
- Explore Haskells.com. On our front page, you’ll see a number of our current specials. Who doesn’t want to save a few dollars? Click on a wine. Each wine listed has information about food pairings, and wine terms to best explain the varietal. Use this information in selecting your wine. Does it fit with what you are looking for? Does it fit your budget?
- Don’t let a pretty picture persuade you. Cute labels are cute but don’t necessarily translate to the best value. Read the descriptions and try to taste as often as possible (like we need to persuade you).
Resources to help:
Weekly Wine Chat with Haskell’s Jack Farrell – Listen live or on podcast to hear wine expert Jack talk about wines to watch out for.
Wine Library TV – More than 1,000 episodes about wines to choose from. Learn about varietals, brands, and what’s hot – and what’s not.