A crisp, refreshing and light beer can quickly cool you down and make mowing the lawn a far more enjoyable chore. At Haskell's 13 locations, we have our coolers filled with six-packs and more of cold beers that are perfect for a hot summer day.
First, what's the difference between light beer and a regular beer? Approximately 40 calories. For instance, on average a 12-ounce regular beer has 150 calories, whereas a light beer will have 110 calories. And, less alcohol. With that said, we'll give you some options — true light beers, as well as regular beers that are perfect for a Minnesota summer.
Six True Light Beers
- Amstel Light — A light lager containing only 3.5% alcohol and approximately 35% fewer calories than regular lager beer.
- Beck's Premier Light — A light pilsner from Germany.
- Corona Light - You love it with a slice of orange or lemon. A classic.
- Labatt Blue Light — Our Canadian friends, a light lager with a slight sweetness and citrus-like hop character.
- Heineken Light — A cold, fresh-tasting light beer in that familiar green bottle.
- Sam Adams Light® — Lower in calories and alcohol, but full of flavor.
Six Minnesota-Made Perfect Summer Beers
- Fulton 'The Randonneur' Summer Saison — A refreshing, light-bodied Saison.
- Schell Shocked Grapefruit Radler - A light, crisp body combines mild malt flavor, hop bitterness and grapefruit.
- FINNEGANS Blonde Ale — Light-Bodied ale with a slight floral/fruity aroma and a crisp, clean finish.
- Indeed "Shenanigans" Summer Ale with Honey — A zesty, citrus-filled aroma, refreshingly dry body, and notes of honey.
- Lift Bridge Crosscut Pale Ale — Zesty citrus notes make this amber pale ale a summer favorite.
- Boom Island Witness — A refreshing Witbier, or white beer.
And, an extra for good measure
- Summit Maibock — A seasonal malty, pale beer is brewed using Czechoslovakian Saaz hops, specialty malts, and German lager yeast.
Here is a breakdown of calories and alcohol content for about 200 popular beers.