Once October hits, it seems our fascination and
What's the difference between a beer and a cider? Everything, except perhaps the delivery system. Bottle or can.
First, a beer is basically defined as a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and flavored with hops. Cider is an alcoholic beverage made from the fermented juice of fruit, most often apples. Hard cider can be classified from dry to sweet.
7 Minnesota Cider Recommendations from Haskell's Beer Experts:
- Number 12 Cider House - Minnesota-made sparkling dry cider in a 750 ML bottle, plus blackcurrant and chestnut ciders.
- Loon Juice - From Spring Valley, Minnesota, using Honeycrisp apples.
- Sociable Cider Werks Freewheeler - A Minnesota local favorite. A 4-pack you won't want to share.
- Lionheart - Minnesota's favorite apples make this a winner in a 4-pack.
Wyndfall"Homesteader" - A local artisan hard cider in a 22 oz. bottle. Unfiltered.
- Leidel's "Hebron" Brut Cider - A medium bodied, slightly carbonated, bright brut of a Minnesota cider.
- Yellow Belly Cider - From Sapsucker Farms in Mora, Minnesota, they call it "Minnesota's Champagne."
If those aren't enough, here are some other ciders from other places.
- Ciderboys First Press Hard Cider - From Stevens Point, Wisconsin, it's pure sweet-sharp apple goodness.
- Smith & Forge Hard Cider - Our neighbors in Wisconsin make great robust and dry cider. Here's a 4-pack.
- Original Sin Cider - From New York City come these terrific 6-packs made from New York State apples. Available in other flavors, too.
- Traditions Ciderworks Amity Rose - From Willamette Valley in Oregon, a 750 ML bottle you can bring to a party.
- Strongbow Cider - The classic cider of England.
Looking for great day trips this autumn? Don't forget to visit Minnesota's apple orchards and cideries.
- Keepsake Cidery - Dundas
- Leidel’s Cider - La Crescent
- Loon Juice Cider - Spring Valley
- Milk & Honey Ciders - Cold Spring
- Millner Heritage Vineyard and Winery - Kimball
- Minneapolis Cider Company - Minneapolis
- Number 12 Cider House - Buffalo
- Sapsucker Farms - Mora
- Sawtooth Mountain Cider House - Lutsen
- Sponsel’s Minnesota Harvest Orchard - Jordan
- Sweetland Orchard - Webster
- Urban Forage Winery & Cider House - Minneapolis
- Welsh Heritage Farms - Lake Crystal
- Wyndfall Cyder - La Crescent
If you're not one to hit the open road on a cidery tour, you can always stop by the closest Haskell's location to pick up your favorite cider from the wish list. Of course, you can pre-order and pick up or have us deliver, too. Plus, you're just in time for our Fall Sale. Catch the best deals of the season by clicking the icon below!