The orange leaves are falling and the days are getting shorter – both indicators that the spookiest holiday of the season is lurking around the corner. Get ready, it's almost Halloween!
Hosting a costume party? Halloween drinks are a must. We're feeling a little devilish, so we've rounded up a great assortment of beer, wine and spirits that bring the ghoulish game to any party. Plus, we've added a few festive cocktail recipes from Minnesota's own distilleries.
When you can, keep it local. Cheers to the spirit of the holiday!
Boo-tastic Beers and Ales
- Surly Darkness - The Russian Imperial Ale that will be treated like royalty at any party.
- Victory Wild Devil - Abbey Style Ale from Pennsylvania.
- Capital Brewery "Ghostship" - A Pale Ale from Wisconsin.
- Wasatch Ghostrider White IPA - India Pale Ale from Utah.
- The Velvet Devil Merlot
- Gorman Winery "The Devil You Know"
- Gorman Winery "The Devil You Don't Know"
- Ghost Pines Chardonnay
- Death's Door Vodka - From our friends in Wisconsin, helping us bring the Halloween spirit to life.
- Jim Beam "Devil's Cut" - Pure Kentucky Bourbon
- Cupcake Devil's Food Vodka - Chocolate-flavored vodka
- Talisker Storm - A single malt Scotch.
Festive Cocktail Recipes from Minnesota Distilleries
Corpse Reviver #2, courtesy of Tattersall Distillery
- 1 oz. Tattersall Gin
- 1 oz. Orange Crema
- 1 oz. Tattersall Americano
- 1 oz. Lemon juice
- 2 dashes Tattersall Absinthe Blanche
Rinse a coupe glass with absinthe. Combine all other ingredients over ice, shake, strain into absinthe-rinsed glass and serve up with a twist.
Blood Orange Collins, courtesy of J. Carver Distillery
- 2 oz. J. Carver Gin
- 2 oz. Blood orange juice
- 3/4 oz. Mint simple syrup
Serve over ice in a collins glass. Garnish with an orange wedge and a cherry.
Spiked Apple Cider Mule, courtesy of Panther Distillery
- 2 oz. Panther Distillery Spiked Apple Bourbon
- 2 oz. Apple cider
- Ginger beer
- Cinnamon stick & apple slices
- Splash of lime juice
Add a splash of lime juice to mule mug. Add 2 oz. of Spiked Apple Bourbon, ice and 2 oz. of apple cider. Fill to the top with ginger beer, garnish with a cinnamon stick and apple slices.
Still haven't found your potion?
These blogs might have what you're looking for:
- Get in the Spirit: 3 Halloween Drinks for Your Costume Party
- 7 Halloween Party Cocktails to Spook Your Guests
Now, for the ingredients. Take advantage of our Fall Sale going on now. You can get your free catalog by clicking the link below! If you already know what you need, no need need to wait for business hours, you can order online now.